Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chaos

The boys were throwing large plastic checkers at the fireplace yesterday. The checkers loosened the clamps on the fireplace cover and it came crashing down. Thankfully no one was injured but it made quite a mess. The dots you see on the picture is the dust that was in the air. I can report today that the cover was successfully reclamped (I don't think that's a word) and the fireplace area has been cleaned up. What a circus it was!

Allie was enjoying every minute of it. Here she is jumping on the couch!

3 comments:

cosmo said...

too bad you didn't have the camera handy right when it fell! I love that face the boys make when something happens & for a split second they have that look in their eyes. i know better than to own anything too nice until the kids get to be young teenagers, so I'm usually the same as you, just glad no one was hurt...but when it happens both the boys freeze for a second & they get this cute look on their face, then it is hard to be mad. I know they feel bad about it.

The Morgan Family said...

you probably should have been the one at my house yesterday then because i was mad. i was trying to get the big guys out the door to school and the little guys were the ones messing around. sam and tommy went up for a long time out (or at least until i could clean up). allie just jumped on the couch, she thrives in the craziness. i was mad at myself for scolding them though. when they get together, those two can be quite destructive. they don't enjoy puzzles or board games, it's more like pulling all the sheets off the beds and putting them in a pile and jumping on them and then using them for sleds down the stairs. argh!

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'm impressed you took pictures. Sometimes I forget and don't get them. And then I kick myself!

You need to get pictures for proof to them when their children do the EXACT SAME THING!!