Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sick Tommy (the replapse) =(

Years ago people used to put quarantine symbols/ banners on their door to alert people of any illness in the home that was contagious. That was a good idea in my opinion. I don't know what symbol (banner) would be used for reoccurring barfing, but I think I need one... and fast. We were doing great yesterday until the afternoon. We were up again all night but thankfully everyone else is "fine". I'm on edge though and any little cough or noise that sounds remotely like any sort of heave can jolt me from a deep sleep. The "funny" part was that Tom knew exactly what to do. As soon as he had thrown up yesterday, he plopped himself down on the couch, demanded to watch Care Bears, and asked for some ginger ale. He has this sick thing down. Tommy seems to be doing better this time around than last time and so far is holding down his food this morning.... here's hoping it lasts.


ps- I've been meaning to review our May book club read but that will have to wait one more day. I did just finish a book called "The Twentieth Wife" by Indu Sundaresan which was enjoyable and interesting, I'd recommend it.

1 comment:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Hey! I feed my kids ginger ale too! It always makes me feel better.