Friday, February 13, 2009

Would You Eat This?

Allie's a real stinker when it comes to certain things. By certain things I mean anything she does not want to do. Allie has decided that she does not want to ever take medicine. "Never, ever ever!" as my daughter would say. I knew I was going to be in for a battle when she had to take some antibiotics for an infection in her finger.

She was supposed to take her medicine twice a day for seven days totaling fourteen doses. The first dose she took. The second dose I had to mix into vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries. The third dose I was not home for and she would not take it. The next dose I mixed the medicine in with chocolate syrup and mixed the syrup into ice cream. She reluctantly ate bites of the mixture under the threat of not being able to spend time with her Lola, and even then it took over an hour and a half.

I then had a blast of inspiration. This post was supposed to highlight how creative I am at getting my daughter to take her medicine. I was so proud of myself when I thought to make her medicine into frosting and put them on cookies (with sprinkles!). What child wouldn't like to eat cookies (with sprinkles!)?

Here are the ingredients....

Here is the final product....

Allie ate a total of one micro-bite. All the time and effort and she wasn't buying it. So much for documenting my great success! No little pat on the back for me.

I had to take her back to the doctors and we wound up applying a topical ointment. Of course that had to be applied while she was sleeping because she has decided that no one can apply ointment on her either. "Never, ever ever"!

Argh.


1 comment:

cosmo said...

Those look delicious! Did she know you put the medicine in there or could she really taste it? She's a tough one.