Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bizzaro Tank

I like to occasionally update my blog on the happenings of the fish tank. Ah yes, more insight into my wildly exciting existence.

Besides having too many snails in the tank and it in dire need of a cleaning, not much has been going on.... until last Saturday!

Bobby and I were going out on a date that evening. The babysitter had arrived. Right before departure, Matt noticed a morbid sight in the tank. One of the guppies had died and was upside down laying on the bottom of the tank... completely motionless.

I was in a hurry and figured that the fish was not going anywhere so I told the kids I would clean the fish out when I got home. I was half hoping Bob the crayfish would discover the guppy and eat him. He should earn his keep.

Of course I forgot to clean out the fish when I got home, but remembered first thing in the morning. When I got to the tank, I noticed there was no fish at the bottom of the tank. Where the HECK was the fish!? There was no evidence to suggest Bob had been picking at him. Had the kids removed the fish in my absence? Not very likely...

I then realized the fish was swimming around!!! Yes, from dead with glazed over eyes to swimming and eating fish food! During this season of Lent, we have our own mini miracle. I move to rename our little guppy "Lazarus".


5 comments:

cosmo said...

That is one CRAZY tank you have there!!!

Kristina Wentzell said...

it must be something in the Erie County water supply...

effrock said...

how would the dog do in the bizzaro tank? let's add her to the habitat and see what happens.

The Morgan Family said...

har har har.... my hubby made a funny.

Kristina Wentzell said...

ok, not that your fish tank isn't ever so fascinating....but WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST SOMETHING NEW!?!?! Your admiring public eagerly awaits...

I know I shouldn't talk. My blogs are sadly quiet these days.