Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Homage to my college days

*note- this was an old partial post I started last week* A few weeks ago Petey and I bought a five pound bag of tater tots. It was really as joke purchase as the bag was so huge and we thought it was funny. We would pretend to be dumping the whole bag of tots in our mouths and laughing like idiots while in the store (oh, don't act like you've never done that yourself!). I was trying to clean out my fridge/ freezer for the move so we had said tater tots with our meal. On a whim I returned to my roots and mixed some bleu cheese and ketchup to dip them in. Remember Kehm? Between chips and salsa, spaghetti sandwiches and these little guys with our specialty dip, we made it through that year of college. Good memories. (ps- I had my own picture with the dip but it's missing from my desktop. I think bobby thought it was unimportant. Silly man! Tater tots are most important!)

3 comments:

cosmo said...

I LOVE tater tots!!! I am not sure about the dip though. Blue cheese is so delicious, but I don't love ketchup. I don't hate it, either, but a lot of times I will dip my fries in BBQ sauce. I wonder if the mix would be good with that. When I visited Utah, they had some weird condiment at almost every restaurant which I loved, but now I don't remember what it was...

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Heather, it is called "fry sauce" and as a broke college student, I would still pay extra for it! :-) It was normally some variation of ketchup or barbecue sauce and mayo. It was always so good! Steph is just doing the Buffalo version w/ blue cheese.

Stuart and Kimber said...

Oh! Do I ever remember spaghetti sandwiches and bleu cheese and ketchup! (Not together, of course, the sauce definitely went with tater tots!)

Stuart is the blue cheese dressing eater at our house now. I don't really care for it. But I haven't mixed it with ketchup lately either!!

Fry sauce is nasty, no offense to your sister. Bleu cheese and ketchup, however, man, it's divine! (Of course, I'm not a BBQ type myself)

Anyway, thanks for the blast down memory road. Those were fun, carefree times!

Do you remember that car you bought that the doors kept freezing shut and you had to climb in the hatchback? We did have a lot of fun.