Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mommy Grinch

I have too much to do. I have to wrap up Christmas by this Friday at 3pm so we can load into a car and drive to Arizona for Christmas. I also still have to pack for the trip...ugh.

Either way, it will be nice to be done. Christmas is a bit scaled back on all counts this year...that's not so bad. However, it would be nice if my home looked a bit more festive.
I've been lax in the home decorating department, much to my kid's dismay. It's hard to decorate when you know you are not going to be in town for Christmas. I'm planning on traveling and just enjoying my mom's decorating, plus she said we could trim the tree. I'm feeling a bit guilty though so I decided to highlight the decorations we have up. We have an advent calendar, an easy decorating addition....

These cute, little wire trees were in a chinese auction basket that we won at Tom's montessori school's Christmas party. They look quite nice on the mantle...

and we are hanging up the cards we receive on the doorways of our home. That adds a festive feel....


Ok, that didn't make me feel better at all. I can only pledge to myself to do better next year.....

3 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

How long is that trip going to be???

Wow, you're incredible parents!

Merry Christmas!

The Morgan Family said...

substitute "crazy" for "incredible" and you are probably right. =)

Unknown said...

that sounds really great, Steph! I love road trips! Have fun!!