Friday, December 5, 2008

Sammy's Christmas Concert

Sammy had his Christmas concert yesterday. I know it's probably more politically correct to say "holiday concert" but it really was a Christmas concert. Sure, they started off with the token Hanukkah and Kwanzaa song, but then they went full blast into the Santa story and left everything else in the dust. I honestly don't have much passion about it, just an observation.

It was a really cute play (better than most), and it was nice to give a nod to diversity in our whitey christian town. I think in our town, Pete, with his darker complexion, is considered "ethnic" for heaven's sake... but I digress.....

Allie and I went to see the concert together. She was really excited to see Sam on stage....

Here's a picture of Sam. I tried to zoom and take the picture, but it didn't really work... at all. It's all blurry, I really need a better quality camera. Honestly, the only reason I'm posting it is because I always forget to bring my camera to events like this and I'm just pleased with myself for remembering. If you can decipher kids in the photo, Sam is in the second row from the top, right in the middle, and looks like he's peeking out from behind a girl in the row in front of him...

Sammy did great. He didn't have any speaking parts or solos, but he knew all the words, and did all the hand gestures and signs (some songs had sign language signs as well) perfectly. Yea Sam!

No comments: