Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pumpkinhead II

I'm not quite sure why it always takes me a bit to get motivated to carve the pumpkins. The kids just love to do this and it's really only one hour of my day to get this going. Here are the fruits of tonight's labor. We had to work around some logistical issues. Allie's pumpkin had been attacked by squirrels on the front porch and she had a hole in middle of the front of her pumpkin, hence the cyclops. Pete thought that was a great idea so he made a triclops (Is that a word? According to my spell checker, it's not). Matt, not wanting to be left out, made a scary triclops.
Sam and Tom just wanted the scariest pumpkins ever and hopefully they are pleased. We are almost now officially ready for Halloween and are just waiting for the finishing touches of Pete's costume to arrive in the mail. I swung by McDonald's and bought the coupons to pass out (you know the ones... 12 for a dollar for free fries, apple pie, and ice cream). It's kind of novel, but no kid ever really wants to get one in their bag, they just want the immediate gratification of candy. I'm sure the parents will be cranky too; just one more excuse their kid now has to coerce them into a trip to Mickey D's. I don't want good candy in my house this year... too tempting. All I have to say is the coupons are better than buying the crappy candy like the Mary Janes we used to get or the Neccos... I hated those. Who likes Neccos? I think Bobby likes Neccos.... he has bad taste in junk food (good taste in women though!).

5 comments:

The Morgan Family said...

I have bad taste in ladies but good taste in candy!

candy candy candy!

The Morgan Family said...

If you think pixie sticks, neccos, and smarties equal good candy taste then yes, you are candy king.

Stuart and Kimber said...

The comments look like Steph is writing to herself! You two are funny!

cute pumpkins though! (We can't carve them here until the 29-30th, or else they will rot! I am envious!)

The Morgan Family said...

it's been so warm here that some of the pumpkins had a bit of rot in them. we took our chances though, imagine telling the kids to wait a few more days. they would have popped from anticipation! besides, it's cooled off a bit now. i think our warm days are over for this year.

cosmo said...

i know what you mean about being hesitant & putting off the carving. Thinking about doing all the work kind of stinks. I personally hate the scraping of the insides, especially since my kids all want the biggest pumpkins they can find. You need forearms like popeye to be able to do that! They all look great though!