Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Confession

I have a deep dark secret. Well, not really but maybe you'll read my blog if I write it as such. I have been meaning to write about this sooner but have been too busy pricing plumbing fixtures. Last Friday, after six months of sweat and toil, I became the Western New York Season 5 Poker League Champion. That little trophy is quite a hot item in some circles, and it's mine! I also get my name on the main league trophy. It started as a cheap monthly date night for Bobby and myself. Bobby had been involved in prior seasons playing with his friends and decided to sign me up so we could make it a date night. I was the only girl which is fine; I relate better to guys anyway and the guys have been quite kind to me but sometimes I wonder if I'm destroying their boy time. Aside from my initial apprehension it's been fun and even a little profitable. It's nice to get paid to go out! I must admit, when I realized that I could win the whole season I really wanted to win so a girl's name will be on the league trophy forever. *insert Martina McBride's "This One's For The Girls" music in the background* I'm not sure I'll play next season though, I might want to end my career on top. =) I'm off to go buy a faucet with my winnings.

4 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

That's awesome!!

You go girl!

cosmo said...

Steph! That is so great! I am so proud of you! I knew you guys played, I thought mostly Bobby played, but good for you. That trophy is really pretty. I'm sure all the guys you beat said the same thing, though, so you already know that : )

Kristina Wentzell said...

Hey! You've been keeping secrets, girl! That's really great...you'll have to build a special shelf for your award in your new house.

The Morgan Family said...

it's a five inch crystal trophy so i think only a ledge is appropriate but i do get to keep the big league trophy for the next six months (like the stanley cup) to display prominently. my parents must be so proud!