Monday, January 26, 2009

Facebook.... a Total Time Suck

Ok.... I'm going to cheat. Instead of blogging about Bob's birthday, I frittered my spare time today on Facebook. Naughty me. I was tagged and had to reply.

The truth is that anyone who is reading this is probably also my friend on Facebook, but just in case, I'm posting my productivity from this afternoon; it's all I have to show for it...

ps- If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. I expect to see your list by the end of the week....=)

pps- Birthday marathon wrap-up soon to come......


Twenty-Five Random Things About Me

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. I've had a lot of different jobs ranging from working as a music director at a commercial radio station, owning my own recording studio, bank teller, touring with a musical production company to glamorous locations such as Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to my current occupation as a realtor.

2. I like my dog a lot. When we first got her, I thought I would go crazy and wanted to give her away. I really like her now though and she's a part of our family.

3. I once gave up chocolate for a year just to see if I could.

4. When I was a teenager, I used to say (and always believed) that I would not get married until I was at least 35. I got married at age 21.

5. When I was a teenager, I used to say (and always believed) that under no circumstances, would I ever live in Wyoming. My first job out of college was in Jackson, Wyoming.

6. When I was a teenager, I used to say (and always believed) that I would not have any kids. I have five kids.

7. I was a dumb teenager, but that taught me to never say never about any life possibility. =)

8. I used to be super-competitive as a child about anything. I've learned to harness and constructively direct my competitive spirit (I think I have) but sometimes it comes out when I'm playing backgammon or some other random game with Bobby.

9. After 13 years of marriage, my husband Bobby, is still my best friend. I'm crazy in love with him. I can still stay up all night talking with him about anything.... it kills me in the morning though!

10. I feel really lucky I was blessed with the kids I have. They are mellow, easy going, and get along (for the most part!).

11. When I was pregnant with Allie and found out I was having a girl, I was terrified I was going to mess her up. Now I'm so glad I get to experience raising a girl. I still hope I don't mess her up though....

12. I've been a realtor for almost seven years now and have owned my own brokerage for two years.

13. When I was kid and I didn't respect someone, I would talk back. I was kicked out of my 10th grade biology class for the rest of the year for talking back to my teacher (in reality, there were only three weeks left of class).

14. I try to make dreary chores more fun. I call my sister when I unload the dishwasher, I turn snow shoveling into a "winter challenge", I call my friend Kristina to see if she wants to come to Aldi's with me when it's time to grocery shop.

15. I'm really good at repetitive tasks. When we owned a recording studio, I was in charge of the duplication portion of our business mostly because I could assemble and shrink wrap the CDs or tapes faster than anyone.

16. I'm the youngest of four kids. I have a sister in Boston, MA, another sister in Tulsa, OK, my brother lives in Medford, OR and my parents live in Phoenix, AZ. It makes me sad we are spread out all over and I wish they were closer.

17. I sometimes get jealous that Bobby has his parents and two sisters living in our town, and his other sister lives just north of Buffalo.

18. We built a house that has an in-law suite to accommodate Bob's parents and I really like living with my in-laws. I'm grateful that they are so wonderfully nice to me.

19. I have never consumed a drop of alcohol, but don't care if anyone drinks around me.

20. I was a skater chick in high school and shaved my head my senior year... I think I realized it would be my last chance to do something crazy with my hair before I would have to "grow up".

21. I think I could be a competitive eater, really. I have an unusual "talent" of being able to eat large amounts of food if I so choose.

22. I'm 35 and my two grandmothers are alive... I think that's pretty cool.

23. I have thick skin and can happily accept constructive criticism. As a result though, I can unintentionally say things that might not be offensive to me but probably offend others. I'm thankful for my friends who can call me out on it and wish others would grow a pair and let me know if I have wronged them.

23 1/2. I think "grow a pair" is a funny phrase and like to use it whenever possible.

24. My first memory is me standing in the crib, taunting my brother (we shared a room at the time). I would tell him to "hide the bananas or the monkeys will eat them". I would keep saying it until my brother would retreat into the hallway with his pillow and blanket in frustration to get some peace and quiet. I must have thought it was funny because I did it quite often.

25. I never thought my life would turn out the way it did, but I'm really grateful and would not change a thing. While nothing is perfect, life is good.

No comments: