Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tommy's Day - a Birthday Redux

Well, Tom's birthday was yesterday.... I see some light at the end of the "birthday marathon" tunnel... it's probably a train. I feel like I've been hit by one already. I'm beat. Even the small joys of having a birthday (i.e. snacking on the cake the next day) are waning.

I really, really love Tom. So hope I can recap his special day without sounding like a jerk (a tough task for me). I'll do my best though....

Tom basically wanted Sam's birthday with a few tweaks. He got his cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we went to the same indoor bounce facility that afternoon for his party....

There were a few differences. Tom invited a couple friends, Allie was asleep for the first half hour...

And Tom wanted a pinata....

Here they are gathering their loot...

Otherwise it was basically the same. They bounced....

They slid....

The rode on the mini-carousel...

Again....

And again....

Tommy did skip the rice krispy cake in lieu of a more traditional yellow box cake with canned chocolate frosting (yes!). Honestly, he really didn't care what the cake was made of as long as it said "Happy Birthday Kitty", had sprinkles, and some cartoon character candies on it (his first choice was care bears, but had to settle for sponge bob)....

Here's the big guy blowing out the candles....

Here he is opening his presents....

Yes, it was a standard day including the meltdown at the end. I didn't get a picture of Sam's meltdown last week but Tom was nice enough to melt down in the car where I had a camera accessible. His distress was a result of a balloon. Tom and Allie were each holding a bunch of balloons in the car. He wanted her bunch of balloons instead of the bunch of balloons he was holding. Ah, how I love petty fighting!....

One birthday left. Bob's been joking with me that he wants to celebrate his birthday at the same indoor bounce facility, just to raise my dander. I'm taking at least an eight month moratorium from that facility.

Silly Bob, he knows he can't escape the traditional cop out birthday celebration of a McDonald's drive-through and a store bought sheet cake anyway. Ugh, I shouldn't even joke about it...it makes my stomach hurt just thinking about more cake...the McDonald's part is gross too.

Happy 5th birthday Tommy, I hope you have wonderful memories from your special day!

1 comment:

cosmo said...

LOL!! Happy Birthday Kitty...Tommy is so cute!