Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter Challenge, My Eye!

The snow just keeps coming down. We had school canceled on Thursday and got another 10-12" last night. It took me all morning to shovel out. I have conflicted feelings about my "winter challenge".

On one hand, shoveling is really great exercise, I get outside, and it's nice that I have to do some form of exercise as I am a horrible exercise procrastinator. On the other hand, it's not always convenient timing, I don't like the stress of having to get out early to prevent my 74 year-old father-in-law from beating to the shoveling punch. Also, it's hard to be out for two hours shoveling and then see your neighbor across the street do his driveway in ten minutes.

Although, with the money I have saved from not paying for a plow contract, I have paid for the birthday marathon... lots of pros and cons. On a day like today though, it basically stinks. It's not novel, I'm still sore from the last batch of snow, and I only have more snow to look forward to. As my 11 year-old would say... it's Suckedy McSuck Suck....

Here's a picture of the snow from last Thursday... now imagine a foot more snow on top...

No comments: