Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sammy is Seven!!!

I can't believe Sam is seven. My baby is seven! I remember being pregnant with Sam during the events of September 11, 2001 and wondering what kind of world my child would be born into. That feels so long ago now.

I say it all the time, but I have no idea what I would do without my Sammy. He has to be one of the funniest, silliest, good-natured kids I know. Sam attracts people to him. He gets birthday party invitations from kids I have never heard of, and kids go out of their way to say "Hi" to Sam on the street. He's just an all-around great kid (I was bound to have one, right?). =) Joking... joking...

Sam had more modest requests than Matt for his birthday celebration. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I packed him a special school lunch, brought in popsicles for his classroom treat (he's in the allergy classroom so his options are limited), and went to an indoor bounce house facility in the evening with just the family. Sam picked taquitos for dinner but we were running behind schedule so we ate pizza on site and will eat the taquitos tonight. Here are some picts from the big day...

Here's Sam wearing the crown his teacher gave him....

Here we are at the indoor bounce facility. They give you tokens with the "family fun package". The kids opted for the arcade games first....

Bobby and Pete played "superchexx" which is rumored to be the best ice hockey bubble game out there...

Then they played some more...

Their game caught the attention of a strange little kid who seemed quite intense. Although looking at Pete's expression, pehaps the game itself makes you strangely intense...

Allie loved the mini-carousel....

Tommy wanted in on the action (he had used up his tokens at this point and was excited to get a free ride)....

They rode and rode....

Then the cake. I'm sure you're wondering if this was a rice krispy treat cake... why, yes... yes it was. I won't start extolling the virtues of the rice krispy treat. In truth, I'm getting sick of all things rice krispy and hope Tommy requests a regular cake (if I'm lucky he'll want a box yellow cake with canned chocolate frosting.... mmmmm....).

Then it was time to bounce and slide. I really like that there is a facility where they can be active and jump around....


We were having such a great time that we stayed until 8pm (little guy's bedtime). When Sam came home he had a meltdown.... ugh... I should have known better. He had a big day and was a little exhausted. It's hard work turning seven.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the meltdown... I should try to remember that for next time. All in all, it was a nice day... I hope he enjoyed it...


2 comments:

cosmo said...

STEPH!! You remembered your camera! What a great posting! That paragraph about that weirdo kid next to that game was hilarious because he scared me a little. But I think you are right, must be the game.

The Morgan Family said...

no... it WAS him. he was freaky and kept following us around. i just think pete had a goofy look on his face in that pict too...