Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fuddy Duddy

I have officially become my father. My dad always hated sleepovers, now I know why. I am not fun, although I hid it well for Pete's sake on sleepover night. I smiled on the outside, but oh on the inside it was "black guts and stuff". I officially earn the title as the "lameoid parent". I did receive some great advice about limiting the size of the party etc. but it was too little, too late.

I'm sorry for not responding to calls or e-mails, I was in a trance-like state yesterday; just trying to survive. The last kid to go to bed was at 4:45am, and yes, it was the non-cute one. He even was trying to keep the other ones up by every five minutes asking..."Hey Colin, are you awake?!". If I had a voodoo doll of that child.....

I dragged my sorry self to bed for two hours of sleep. I did sneak a nap in for an hour as well yesterday but, oh man, I AM OLD!!! How did we do that as kids? Why did we want to do that as kids? I must say this has been quite a learning experience and I know the next time they want to do something like laser tag, I am just going to cough up the money and consider it well spent (mental health protection).


ps- This is my 100th post.
Yeah, me! Do I get a prize for that (ie. an all expense paid trip to a sensory deprivation chamber for 48 hours)?

1 comment:

cosmo said...

Luckily, Steph, you can usually keep the bigger sleepovers contained to once a year. The one-on-ones aren't that bad. I heard that the ones with girls are even worse. My neighbor said they were up late and there was a constant stream of any one of the girls coming into her saying she was being left out or the rest were being mean to her...
Spending lots of money and having them gone in 2 hours is priceless.