Saturday, June 7, 2008

Soccer Saturdays

Every Saturday during the months of May and June Matt and Sam have soccer games. I have been lamenting the fact that I haven't brought my camera to the games (or to any event for that matter). It seems the only photos recently have been of my sick children, now deceased birds, or I just steal pictures from my sister. Today, I felt quite triumphant that I brought my camera although I accidentally left it in the car and had to go back and get it. As I was taking some pictures, I remember why I don't bring my camera (to soccer games at least); unless I camp out with my camera ready the whole time, it's almost impossible to get a good shot.

Today at the soccer fields was picture day where professional photographers come and take a team picture and try to sell you an individual package. I don't know if it's the same in every region, but the package names here are ridiculous. The largest and most expensive package is called "MVP", then there is the "All-Star", the "Sport" and it goes on like this down to the smallest package which is called the "Bench Warmer" (!). It might just be me, but I think that's a bit obnoxious to insinuate that if you do not buy an overpriced photo package that your child is only worthy of warming the bench. I know, I know.... I'm reading too much into it. I decided this year to save my money and take my own photos to commemorate this season of soccer. Here's Sammy...


Here's Matt (he would not give me a real smile so this is what I got)....


Here's Matt and Sam....


And here's Allie for good measure (Tom and Pete opted to stay with Lola today).....



Then the games started. First was Sammy's game (he's #12 on black team in blue shorts).....


Next was Matt's game (he's #7 on maroon team in blue shorts and blue socks).....


Matt and Sam did great and both scored a handful of goals. More importantly though, they all got to eat popsicles. Here's Allie showing off her favorite part of the game. =)

No comments: