Thursday, June 26, 2008

No more school work, No more books......

It's been a flurry of activity with Pete's birthday this week and school wrapping up. Did you know they now have graduation ceremonies for fifth graders? When did that become an accomplishment worth so much pomp and circumstance? There were two different memos that must have gone out as well. All the girls were dressed to the nines and all the boys were in their soccer jerseys, umbros, and crocs (Pete included- the memo just said a small "moving up" ceremony... I had no idea to dress him up!). There was one boy in a tie... there's always one kid. I've been rushing from event to event this week. Sam finished school yesterday and Pete and Matt had a half day today.... HOORAY! We're officially in summer now! Pete is celebrating with a sleepover in observance of his birthday. I've never done one of these before so wish me luck! Here's a picture of "the bigs" after the big day.

3 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Congrats Pete! I remember when you were just sooooo little! And now you're having sleep overs.

Wow! How quickly the time flies.

Seriously Steph, I was so glad I got to see him (I thought you wouldn't wait for me when I was off looking for elephants) when he was first born and I remember thinking, "Wow, what a beautiful baby!"

And now you're dealing with summer vacations and all sorts of stuff.
(Your school district gets out really late BTW)

Congrats again Pete!! Have fun with your sleepover!

cosmo said...

you have never had a sleep-over...? Really...? I am going to guess you went to bed at 4 AM. Unless all the kids never had a sleep-over. If only one of them had...you are UP!!! So fun! Look for rope-ladders: )

The Morgan Family said...

i thought it was innocent enough at eleven.... how late could they stay up? now i know better!