Friday, June 27, 2008

Serious Miscalculation

Ok. So I'm kind of rethinking this whole sleepover idea and it's now a little too late. What was I thinking having a troupe of boys over for the whole night? I know what I was thinking; it's cheap. Ah, caught by the cheap lure again. I should have just shelled out for the laser tag and been done with it. It's 12:30 and they are all going strong... all of them! The good thing is they are all really sweet and cute except for one. You know the one, there's always one. The one who tells you what's about to happen in the movie every time. The one who talks a little too loud. The one who checks around the corner to see if I'm watching ("that's right kid... I've got my eyes on you" *imagine me gesturing with my two fingers at my eyeballs then pointing them to him*). This is the one who will stay up all night too I'm sure. I think that non-cute kid was probably me when I was young..... I guess a little empathy would be in order. That or tough love, he doesn't want to wind up like me. Oh well.

I have picked up lots of juicy information though. I now know who everyone likes in fifth grade and as they say, knowledge is power. I wonder how much it's worth to these kids for me to keep quiet. It's just mostly sleepless babble....mostly. ;) Here's Pete blowing out the candles....


Here they are singing "What's your girlfriend's first name?". Then they really answer the question!

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

SOOOOO???? Did you survive? What time did you go to bed? What time did Pete actually get some sleep?

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Sleepovers are the bane of my existence! The only way I keep it reasonable is to limit the number of kids. It was easy when they had to sleep in Rachel's room. I don't know what we're going to do now the basement is finished! :-)