Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I know it's a little belated, but I drove to Massachusetts this past weekend to visit my sister Beth. Sarah (Beth's baby) was born April 23rd and I hadn't seen her yet. Plus my parents were coming into town to see the baby, plus it was Beth's birthday on Sunday. For all those reasons combined, I decided it was time for a visit. I was originally going to bring Allie and Tom but that was in question due to the fact that they were both sick the week before. Thankfully, they have been doing great since their bout with the barfs and so the trip went as planned. What I didn't plan was that I would be putting together two contracts the morning of my departure. That always seems to happen; I can never leave town without some sort of real estate transaction nipping at my heels. Come to think of it, I should leave town more often.

Anywho, just as I was about to walk out the door, Sam, Pete, and Matt decided they also wanted to go and begged to come. So in a blink of an eye, our trip was altered once again to accommodate the extra stragglers. Bobby could not go because I was driving back on Monday and he could not miss the work. I was a little worried about driving out with all the kids and no wingman but Pete stepped up and helped out a lot! The visit was great... the kids all traveled well over and back, no one got sick, Beth wasn't mad that I showed up with three extra people to lodge, and the kids got to meet their new cousin, play with their not-so-new cousins, and see their grandparents again. I could definitely do that length road trip with the kids again.

As usual, I forgot to bring my camera. Ugh. I keep doing that. I haven't taken pictures at any soccer games this year, any of the end of the school year concerts, etc. I just rush out the door empty handed. I have to get better at that. Oh well. I stole this picture of Sarah from Beth's blog (is that illegal?) just so you could see how cute she is. She is teeny and so so cute. I don't think I heard her cry once, and get this.... she sleeps through the night! My kids did not sleep through the night until they were at least 14 months old!!! We'd probably have had more kids if they weren't such awful sleepers. Well...maybe not.

Anyway, thanks Beth for accommodating our craziness and letting us meet your precious baby. It was fun.

3 comments:

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Thanks for coming. I had such a great time seeing all you guys. BTW, Sarah is with an "h", and she was born April 23. :-) You know, so your blog is accurate! My house feels so empty now. Love ya!

The Morgan Family said...

i know, i know. sorry. i noticed it on your blog written with an "h" and had not had a chance to amend it until now.

cosmo said...

WOW! That must have been a crazy morning getting your work done & then having all the changes! How great that everyone travelled well for you. That makes a HUGE difference & takes care of a lot of stress.

I had already read Beth's blog, so I knew what a cutie Sarah was. All her kids are adorable. How nice that you were able to visit. I haven't been around a newborn for SOO long!