Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life as a Courtier

I just finished reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. It was a pretty good light read. The only problem was that I only had a few days to read 650+ pages as I was borrowing it from a friend who had it on loan from the library (we are a cheapskate book club, we don't buy... we borrow). So for three days, I was immersed in life in the court of Henry the VIII. That's the way I read anyway, I can't put the book down once it's started. Now I am talking and phrasing things as it was in the book. It's seems a bit better today, but yesterday I caught myself using words like "finding favor" and "longing". I even made reference to an attorney's "gullet". I feel like Madonna when she picked up her fake British accent. I hope it passes soon, it's bothering me to no end.

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Soooo, was it worth it? Would you recommend it?

The Morgan Family said...

it was good but i'm glad i'm past the "court speak". it was an interesting point of view.