Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

I know much of my recent posts are either weather, house, or toilet related. Such a glamorous life, I know. Just be glad it's not your reality. =) With the amount of snow there is on the ground, it's hard to believe that we are ten days away from spring. This snow came down late Friday and early Saturday and left us with a couple feet of snow. Church was canceled (which is a big deal for Mormons- we have to live up to the image of pioneers trudging across the frozen plains to get to their haven of worship) and I got my car stuck in the driveway trying to get out late in the afternoon to get to a real estate showing. It took one hour and three of our neighbors helping Bob and me to get the car unstuck (It was so embarrassing! I have to make some "thank you" cookies for them today). The snow is pretty though, it has yet to turn muddy brown near the street and there's lots of it to play in. I was watching House Hunters International last night and they were showing a house hunt in Nicaragua. I must say even with the threat of an unstable government, etc., it was quite appealing. The beautiful beaches and weather fill me with such longing. Why do I live here again? I think I need to start snowboarding again to get me enthusiastic about the snow.

1 comment:

Stuart and Kimber said...

I remember Buffalo and what a great time we used to have in school and other activities, (Seriously, we had so much fun! Good times.) and yet, I look at your pictures, and I don't envy you that...