Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birdies

I know that this blog has disintegrated into highlighting my children's quirky behaviors or showcasing the living, dead, and sometimes believed to be dead animals we have encountered this summer. This is what summer is all about for us though. Unless you want to hear about the upcoming home inspection today, how my Friday closing was delayed until Monday, or that I have to visit a work site I'm managing, this is what you get; our boring, non-real estate life. So sit back and enjoy....=)

As soon as we finished our back porch and placed our outdoor speakers, we noticed a bird's nest taking shape. The nest is messy, but the birds are cute (they are robins) and it's very educational for the kids. Here are the birds a few days ago, there are three babies......


Here's the mom (or dad, I can't tell which is which) feeding the babies.....


The babies are getting ready to fledge, here they are today looking quite alert......

The kids have really been enjoying watching the birds grow. I hope we can watch them fledge. I'll post some pictures if we are lucky enough to observe, it should be any day now.

No comments: