Monday, July 7, 2008

Grow Grass, Grow!

Grass is never too far off my mind. Ever since we've moved into this house, I've been hyper-focused on trying to make grass grow. It's hard to have a mud pit for a backyard when you have lots of kids who want to run around. Also, as I have started the grass growing project, I have heard more horror stories of grass that took two years to grow, and water bills topping $1,000! It was really scary. We were also hurt by the fact that our soil was quite rocky and was previously completely wooded. With that in mind, we've been trying to grow grass in the most economical and yet effective way. Here's our mudpit once it was graded and "rock hounded".....


Here's our yard after the hydroseed was sprayed on.....


Here are the first sprigs of grass. I must say, we were really lucky that it rained enough the first two weeks to save us on time consuming and expensive watering. Everyone else in town was grumpy about the weather, but not me!.....


Here is what our lawn looks like today. It's still a bit patchy but it's getting there! We also already added our fire pit and roasted marshmallows on the 4th.....



No comments: