Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Highs and Lows of Toilet Training

While we haven't officially started toilet training, Allie loves the idea of it. Nothing productive has happened yet, but Allie has embraced the naked baby role completely. To add to the excitement all the big kids remember the mantra "Poop on the toilet and get a donut" (long story- started with Matt and just makes me look like a really bad mom) so if Allie even hints that she might want to use the toilet, the little guys start jumping around and scream with anticipation. There have been some funny photos over the last few days and since I have not posted anything toilet related in a while I figured a few photos wouldn't hurt. *Bare Bum Alert- it's all over the place here* Here she is with her supportive brothers with donut aspirations...

Here she is dragging her toilet around with her. It's so funny to watch, I think every one of my kids did that...

I'm not sure why, but it seems the less clothes my kids have on, the more important it is to have a hat on.

And what toilet training photo montage would be complete without the inevitable crash from all the toilet excitement?

Next is the not so fun part of actual toilet training which always includes stepping in a puddle and wondering "Did I just (hopefully) step in water?".

2 comments:

cosmo said...

that girl can fall asleep anywhere! I am so jealous! I can't tell you how many hours I have laid in bed wanting to fall asleep...good for her.
Caden has shown no interest in potty training at all. When I ask him if he wants to go to the bathroom, he says, "No. I'm good."

The Morgan Family said...

sure she falls asleep fast but then she wakes up at 1am screaming... this is a new habit that i hope will pass quickly.