Friday, September 26, 2008

Book Club

I have no witty statements about the current political situation of our country, cute photos of my kids, or even a puppy update. I just want to write about my book club. I know it's dorky, but I love my book club. I love the people in it, I love that it encourages me to read books that don't have anything to do with real estate, and I love the evening out. Every person in our group is so intelligent and has a different perspective to contribute. There's also no catty competition, no large meals to prepare if you're hosting (just yummy snacky foods!), you can show up even if you didn't get a chance to read the book, and there's a perfect mix of book chat and life chat. I just think it's the bee's knees. I know I sometimes highlight the book we read but figured I'd highlight the girls this time. Here are my book club buddies (sans Sara and Alison). Pictured is Julie, Shelly, Ann, and Kristina (left to right).


BTW- The book we read was Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It was riveting and very disturbing that women (and children) in this country are being treated this way. It's a good read.

No comments: