Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pokey Pokemon

Sorry it took so long to post Pokemon results but I had to organize the pictures and it was going to take a little more time than I had... until now.

So on Saturday we loaded up in our van and drove 45 minutes to a small town with a gaming shop. Here are the kids with their pre-game jitters....


The "usual suspects" were there and our kids made thirteen total PokePlayers. There were three divisions: youth, senior, and masters. Matt, Sam, and Tom were the only ones in the youth division and Pete was in senior division with one other kid. We were told they would be playing random players based on a lottery system. Each player played three rounds and their win/ loss record would also help determine who they played next. So here's round one....


Matt versus Sam....


And Pete versus Tom.

Uhhhhh.....So basically we traveled 45 minutes, paid money in entry fees and gas to have these kids play each other? We could have stayed home and had them pokeduel in their bedrooms! Meanwhile Allie was next door test driving the bikes at the bike shop.


Pete won against Tom in round one and Matt won against Sam. For round two...


It's Pete versus that kid (I forgot his name)...


Matt versus Tom....

And Sam versus Gary (?)...I'll have to ask my kids their names when they get home from school. I think the kids were excited that they got to play against other people besides themselves. Matt won against Tom. Pete's game timed out (didn't finish within 30 minutes) and the other player had more shiny jewels on his side so I guess Pete lost. Sam beat Gary in two turns. I asked Gary if he threw the match and he said he had let Sam evolve a player on the first turn even though technically they are not supposed to and on his second turn, Gary had an unexpected weak card and Sam then used his evolved card to destroy him. This is what it sounded like to me..."I let him evolve blah blah into blah which allowed him to blah me when I turned over blah."

So on to round three.... Matt was looking like a favorite for a win in the junior division but needed the win to eliminate the possibility of a tie from Sam. Pete needed a win to take the senior division. Here were the match ups....


Sam versus Tom and Pete versus "deadhead girl" (I promise I'll put their names in as soon as my kids come home- they'll remember).


Matt played "that kid". At the end of round three, Matt won, Sam won, and Pete timed out again! Pete must just play slowly. The "deadhead girl" had obtained one more shiny jewel than Pete just before the game timed out so she won.

So the final results...... (drum roll) the winner of the junior division was Matt!


He won a pin and three packs of Pokemon cards. Second and third prize also won a pack of Pokemon cards in each division so everyone won something. It was a lot of fun for them and although I joked about the other kids there, they were actually really quite nice and welcoming of our kids. We would definitely go again.

No comments: