Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Name Game

Well, we finally found "our puppy". Her name is currently Mops and she's living on a farm in Northwest Michigan. Her mom is 50% pug and 50% Chihuahua and her dad is 100% pug. That makes her a "Chug". When my kids found out we were going to get a dog, they started jumping up and down screaming. It was really cute. I hope they don't do that when she gets here though, it might be a little overwhelming for her. She's six weeks old, a teeny two pounds and they expect her to get to about 12-14 pounds based on her parents size. She is being transported via plane. She passes the health requirements for air travel and the plane ride is short. It still makes me nervous for her though....


Now begins the name game. We haven't quite decided what her name will be. Feel free to chime in- we're taking all suggestions. I think we might wait until we meet her. Our names on the list are currently Yoji, Bubbles, Zuzz Zuzz, Tom (suggested by Tom), Mugsy, Beatrice (that's my idea), Bess (that's mine too), and Buttercup. The list is a bit longer, but not really of interest becuase each name then had a variation (Zuzz Zuzz then became Fuzz Cuzz, and Wuzz Luzz etc.). Exciting times here though.

We're not sure when she will arrive as she needs to obtain the health certification from her vet for air travel but I do expect her to arrive sometime next week. I'm feeling a little insane for doing this (buying a dog sight unseen, buying a dog at all) but this has been discussed for years, the owners were great and answered all our questions, and everything came together. I just mailed them a check so there's no turning back; here we go plunging into the great unknown. Wheeee!

6 comments:

cosmo said...

Steph, she is SOOO cute!! As a pug owner, I can tell you that I think pugs make fanstastic pets. They are really great with kids & they aren't teeny-weeny and they aren't big & jumpers. So cute. I like Mugsy, but that sounds like a boys name. I like Buttercup. I'll try & think of some names, but my dog's name is Kobe, which I hate, so I may not be the best to offer advice. She kind of looks like a Francis. I usually give my dogs people names, though. Some ppl don't do that.

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Stephy, she is absolutely adorable!! I suck on the name front. You know how long it takes me to decide on my kids names. :-) Good luck and let me know when she arrives.

cosmo said...

You could always stick with the whole spongebob thing & name her sandy! Although I don't really like that name. How about Mrs. Puff? (is that the driving teachers name?)

Stuart and Kimber said...

CUTE!!

Have fun picking out a name!

The Morgan Family said...

we could name her pearl after mr. crab's daughter!

The Morgan Family said...

i think my new favorite is "fern"