Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My latest obsession

I know that I have a weekend Pokemon tournament to update, but I don't feel like it now. I'm obsessing about my latest favorite snack. I bought lots of potatoes (buy one, get one free) but the only problem is that the people in my family are not huge potato fans (something I probably should have considered before the purchase... it's so hard to think rationally when faced with a good deal!). So I've been working on my potato snacks and I finally came up with one that works...it's been done before, but it tastes oh so good!

I "misto" spray a cookie sheet with olive oil, place thinly cut potatoes on the cookie sheet, then "misto" spray them again. Then I add salt, pepper, and oregano.


I broil them for about three minutes and this is what they look like.....

They come out crispy and delicious! The kids like to eat them right off the tray (when they've cooled a bit) and they make a great after school snack. As the clock ticks closer to 3pm, my mind has been wandering to my stash of potatoes. I might have to whip up a batch. Here's Pete and Matt battling yesterday over the last savory spud.

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

So how many do you make up at a time?

They look good!

The Morgan Family said...

a couple of cookie sheets for a couple of potatoes. they are so yummy!