Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day to Me!!!

My friend Kristina and I got together today to make some cupcakes for Valentines Day "for the kids". She is an amazing baker and I'm just honored to be in her presence when she is baking. Here is what we (when I say we, I mean she) made. They are called Black Forest Cupcakes and are vegan chocolate cupcakes filled with a homemade cherry filling and then frosted. Photos are courtesy Kristina (bakes and takes photos!).

These are with the drizzled chocolate ganache. It was really pretty.


We all enjoyed the cupcakes (except "Pete the Chocolate Party Pooper". He did, however, enjoy licking the spoon from the frosting). This is perhaps one of the greatest valentine treats I could have...mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

cosmo said...

Those look really yummy!!

The Morgan Family said...

oh heath! they were so amazing (and i do mean "were"!). =)

Stuart and Kimber said...

HOLY COW!! They look great! And the recipe is where??? :)