Monday, February 4, 2008

Tidbits

It was crazy last week but we survived. Bobby made it back in town without any problems even with the wild weather. Work was really busy for me this weekend with two contracts. That will spill over into the beginning of this week too. To top it all off, the home building marches on. The drywallers are running behind, but we are starting to prime the upstairs. I was supposed to have the paint color selections to my painters by Friday but absolutely no later than Saturday at noon. With Bobby coming in on Friday and getting contracts signed, I couldn't even think about colors until Saturday morning. It was so overwhelming so I did what any woman in my position would do, call her talented artist friend in a panic. I'm so lucky Kristina is patient and kind to give of her time. I think I would be rocking my huddled self in a corner right now without her help.

The colors look different on the computer monitor rather compared to the one inch paint chip. It will be an adventure to see what everything looks like on the walls. So this is what we came up with.... This is what the living room, dining room, and kitchen will have on it. It's called Macadamia.



This is Warm Stone and will be on the entryway, half bath, and office.




This color really looks different on the paint chip. It's called Reddened Earth and will be the color for the staircase. It's much less pinky on the chip. I pray it does not look pinky on the wall! I've never been much of a pink person. The trim is going to be an off white, so hopefully it will all pull together. I'm not going to go through all the kid's room colors and mudroom, etc., you'll just have to visit to see that. =)


As a "project know" update, Pete knows. They rescheduled the movie for the next night after the kids snow day (wind day) off. Pete did great, some of the kids behind him did not fare as well. There were lots of giggles and groans. I couldn't help but think while we were watching the movie that I was too young to have a kid who knows about the birds and the bees. When did I get so old? Pete did look a little stunned and asked if we could "leave now" after the movie. We went to Tim Hortons after and had a little one-on-one time. It was nice.


Hey, how about those Giants? I honestly did not have much preference either way but what a game! I have friends who are huge Pats fans so it would have been nice for them, but it was nice to see them brought down a notch especially after the cheating/spying on the home field. =)

5 comments:

Kristina Wentzell said...

Yikes! Those colors look way different on my monitor. Hope the paint chips are more accurate.

cosmo said...

those are great colors, Steph. I really like them. Are you letting the kids pick out their own colors, or do they give you their input or are you going to decide the whole thing to keep it in the same theme as the rest of the house?

The Morgan Family said...

the kids picked their own colors. they were all bold and bright. what i did was choose a color in the same family that was lighter and then use the bold color as an accent wall in the room. hopefully that will tone it down a bit but it might still be a circus upstairs. i was going to just do neutral but they are REALLY looking forward to having their own special spaces. i don't want to deny them that....

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'm excited for you! I think they look great.

Although, I'm telling you right now, I'm not visiting you - at least in the snow - so when your life quiets down, I'd love to see the colors the kids selected!

The Morgan Family said...

what? not visit in the snow?!?! c'mon! when did everyone become so whimpy? how about a ski trip or something? who am i kidding... i wouldn't visit me in the winter.