Saturday, January 26, 2008

Birthday Wrap up and Miscellaneous Items

Bobby's birthday marks the end of the birthday marathon. It makes me feel a little bad because by the time his birthday rolls around, I'm out of inspiration, energy, and money. Bobby is always sweet about the fact that he gets the dud birthdays, but it bothers me a little. This year we got a babysitter the Saturday before his birthday and went to dinner and a movie ("I am Legend"- not bad but a bit of a "jumpy" movie which has never been my favorite). For his birthday I made spaghetti and homemade meatballs and the traditional cake. I know it sounds silly, but it's been a while since I have made meatballs and it takes a while! I've been getting lazy with my dinner meals I guess. The cake is a knock-off from Tommy's only with yellow cake instead of strawberry. Because Tommy used two cans of frosting, we still had half a can of each flavor (well almost half a can, there was more chocolate than vanilla as you can see!) The kids insisted that we put all 35 candles in. I wholeheartedly agreed.


Here's the cake lit. It's not quite an inferno, but it's getting there!



All the kids helped blow out the candles, and Pete and Matt made Bobby some sweet birthday cards.


Bobby's parents came over for dinner and cake and during dinner Grandpa kept making faces at Allie. Here are some faces that she made back to Grandpa.


After dinner Bobby's parents stayed while we went to preview the "project know" presentation that Pete will see next week. Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like animated line drawings of the human reproductive system. I get to watch it with Pete on Wednesday. I can't wait to get his reaction (actually, I can). I'm writing a bit sarcastically, but I have to admit, it will be interesting to see what he thinks about the situation. It should be fun (that was sarcastic).

On a completely unrelated note, the Stanley Cup of poker league's trophy arrived on the scene last week. I know, it's a little ugly, but I get this gem for six months. It's currently sitting on my mantle, but only because I've been too busy to find a less conspicuous spot.


Yup. There’s my name…. forever enshrined in trophy format.



4 comments:

cosmo said...

Take that Howard Gutzman!

It sounds like Bobby's birthday celebration was really busy! It looks like a lot of fun, though.

The Morgan Family said...

wow... what has howie done to you? =)

cosmo said...

nothing...i just like his name.

The Morgan Family said...

it is a good one isn't it? =)