Monday, January 28, 2008

Interiors- this one is for my dad.

There has been some confusion (my fault) on the status of the home. In my attempt to be funny and describe how powerful the lure of Guitar Hero III has been on our life, I mentioned the house building was on hold. A couple people have asked about it (including my parents last night). In actuality, the building house has been moving forward and consuming lots of our time. The drywall is taped, they are starting the first coat of mud, and we should be painting a week from today. I told my dad I would post some current photos so I ran in quickly today and snapped these pictures. They aren't the best photos but will give you an idea of the home status and layout. This is the living room as seen from the kitchen.


This is our dining room from the same view in the kitchen only angled more to the left. The living room is on the right and doorway beyond on the left is our office.


This is our kitchen from our living room complete with "Bill the mudder". The wooden post in the middle will eventually be a tapered column. The mudroom is through the door and our staircase and front entrance is on the right.


This is a not-so-great shot of the master bedroom. I'm excited about the gas fireplace so that's why the photo is at this angle. The door to the left of the fireplace is our closet/ bathroom and to the right of the fireplace is our door to the hallway. Let me know what you think Dad!

5 comments:

Kristina Wentzell said...

how exciting! Now on to the painting...which black did you choose...the Caviar or Domino? With some nice yellow trim...it'll look SHARP, I tell ya.

The Morgan Family said...

i'm so glad the bumblebee look is back in style!

cosmo said...

your house looks like it is going to be beautiful!! A fireplace in your bedroom, that looks great. It's like those stars on the show "Cribs." You can show people your fireplace & then point to the bed and say, "This is where the 'magic' happens" Hee...hee.

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'm so excited for you!! It looks great!

Do you have a projected move in date yet???

The Morgan Family said...

we were hoping march 15th (when our lease expires) but we might have to extend to april 1st. there's still so much to do!