Friday, October 24, 2008

Consumers Unite

I keep getting annoying phone calls. Either my car warranty is about to expire (on a car we got rid of two years ago) or I need to press "1" to get a better rate on my credit card (we stopped using credit cards five years ago).

It's especially tough because in order to get off their list, it takes up lots of my time, only to get the call a couple days later. I was researching a call I received today and was on the website callferrett.com. It's a great website because you can get lots of information quickly from other consumers who have done legwork already on the same phone number. In addition to some information about the vendor, one person posted this crank call played on a telemarketer; it's brutally funny. After receiving two annoying calls today, I only feel a little sorry for the telemarketer. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI


ps- I do NOT know how to post videos! I have tried and tried and even looked up on the tutorials. argh! If anyone knows how to do this let me know.....

pps- I still can't post videos, but at least I learned how to add links....

6 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'm not sure if I can explain it well here or not, but I'm going to try:

On Youtube, copy the big long string of stuff (basically, because I don't know what all is in there) that is located on the right hand of the screen. Then in your post, on the right hand side there is a tab for compose or html. Go to the html and put the cursor where you want the youtube picture to show up. Then hit paste. Go back to compose and the picture should be there.

Hope this helps!
kimber

The Morgan Family said...

nope... it's still not working

The Morgan Family said...

i've tried it three times now and followed the instructions to the letter, but nothing!

cosmo said...

it's weird because we were on a do not call registry...nothing forever. then all of a sudden i started getting a call for a brian. everytime. so one time instead of saying wrong number I said, "who is this?" they told me i was in the running to win a bunch of great prizes and they just had to answer a bunch of questions, nothing personal. I answered one to see where they were going & then said, "who gave you this number?" they said something along the lines of it not being the right number and I said, "i never said that! don't call this number ever again or i will report you." never heard from them again.
then i googled the phone number & it came up with a bunch of postings of complaints from people with the same type of shinanigans.

chammy said...

I'll have Gil contact you. He has done it before...don't ask me.

Kristina Wentzell said...

OMG! That was hilarious! I needed that.