Thursday, October 30, 2008

Loose Ends

I have a few bits of thoughts and pictures that are never enough for an individual post so I just mash them every month or so into an uber-post. It's never too interesting or noteworthy, so feel free to skip.......

First on the loose end agenda is my annual furnace freeze out. I always try to see how long we can hold out before I flip the furnace switch, but we finally had to turn it on last week. I always want to wait until November 1st, but I think my pipes might have frozen if I did that this year (it's cold!). I'm really not sure why I make such a production of turning on the furnace (I'm sure normal people don't). I think it's two-fold... 1) Turning on the furnace acknowledges that winter is coming and that is a tad depressing to me. and 2) I hate to give the utility company my money. I did finally relent, but thankfully, the furnace has only turned on a couple of times (the spray insulation in the house is spectacular!).


Second, in a spirit of bi-partisanship, I figured I would post this photo. Oh, how I love photoshop! As the campaign season wraps up, I think we should be in more of a "kumbaya" mode. Thinking of politics gives me a headache right now; I have no fight left in me. So no whining about the photo. After all, Palin's head was stuck on a good body (if we could only all be so fortunate!) and Obama is in the dorky tight pants.



Third, I've been meaning to post a link about how I spent a large chunk of my summer. So here it is...

http://buf.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=415879592&s=BUF&t=BUF

This home was in need of a bit of work. The owners/ investors lived out of state so I handled the construction management this summer. It was fun to do something a little different but by the end of the summer my kids were sick of going to the "new building house". Thankfully, the work is now done and the home is listed. If you know anyone moving to the area, or in search of an upgrade, have them call me.... =)

Lastly, everyone has been asking how the dog is. She's fine. She has her pros and cons, which I have been mulling over in my head. I'll probably write it out in a week or so. I don't mean for it to sound so negative, she's a great little puppy, but it's still an adjustment for everyone (especially me, the person who wakes up early to take her out). After all, she's only been here for two weeks, I need a little more time to form my thoughts on the matter. Here's a cute picture of her cuddling with the kids (she figured out how to get up on the couch and there's no going back....)....



2 comments:

jenniferi716 said...

WOW!!! That house is amazing! If only I was a multi-millionaire!

cosmo said...

A puppy is really hard work, Steph. Some catch on really fast, some don't. I have had Kobe for 7 years and I love him to death. The first year was tough, but now there are no issues at all. Nothing. The other dog we got is another issue. I can't stand him. We got him from the pound when he was about a year and it is like the people that had him before did NOTHING to train him. He needs to be around someone at ALL times so he doesn't pee, poop, eat a shoe, pencils, my ipod charger wire...anything. I know puppies are hard, but you really won't be in too bad of shape after all is said and done. After a year of bad habits, I have my hands full with Hunter. I would love to take him back, but my kids adore him. He'll get there someday.
She is SUCH a cute puppy and I'm sure the kids love her. One day (I hope) you'll look back and think she was worth it.