Thursday, October 23, 2008

Origami Originals

It's been a while since the last post. The puppy has sucked away many of my free moments. She's doing well though. She sometimes has accidents in the home, but now will use the pee pad that has been placed near the back door. This is in addition to the eight times a day I take her out! It's amazing to me that such a small dog can be a vessel for such a large amount of excrement. Although, I must admit that I would rather if she has an accident that it occurs on the pee pad rather than the floor! Sorry, I don't mean for this post to be about dog pee and poo! It is a big chunk of where my attention is nowadays though.

Anyhoo, my friend Kristina came to visit us and the puppy yesterday afternoon. While we chatted, she worked on some gifts for Christmas (She is so prepared! I'm hoping if I hang around with her enough it will rub off on me.). One of her projects includes origami birds. Well, you can't fold pretty paper without drawing the attention of my two little kids (and probably the big ones had they been home). Before Kristina knew what was happening, she was swarmed and barraged with questions and requests. Kristina probably didn't get as much done as she would have hoped during our visit, but my kids were thrilled. They wanted to make some origami inspired art. I didn't have any special origami paper of my own, but they made do with the standard issue. Here are the picts below...

Here are the kids holding their art. Allie has a bird Kristina made for her and Tommy made a "bowling ball return".....

No comments: