Saturday, October 11, 2008

Handmade Pledge

Well, I've gone and done it. I am pledging that this Christmas I am either going to make gifts, buy handmade gifts, or (probably for my own family) purchase "previously enjoyed" items. I try to not go too crazy during the holidays, but have decided to tone it down a bit more. Last year I was frazzled and it's easy to buy less thoughtful items at Target, etc.

I'm starting to plan now to ensure I can do this, I hope that's enough time. My only challenge is I'm not talented in the "handmade department". So those of you on the receiving end of my gifts need to keep that in mind. They were made with love, and love alone will be the appeal of the gift. My only issue is that one gift has already been purchased and it was not handmade. You will know who you are when you receive your gift.... it's quite obvious. So, wish me luck as I venture into the unknown of gift creation. I hope you all like your macaroni necklaces!

ps- Note the absence of any political talk. *pat on the back*

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Hey!! How was your birthday??

Happy Birthday to you-ou! Happy Birthday to you!

effrock said...

will you please "hand make" and author the full text sequel to Karla Rovelace's new novel?

I've been dying to find out what happens next...