Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New sleeping postition *UPDATED*

I've been documenting Allie's unusual sleeping circumstances and I have a good one from yesterday. My in-laws came home with fresh corn from a nearby stand. The kids gathered around for their share of corn and then brought it back to our part of the house to eat. When I walked in everyone was seated around the table with their corn except Allie. Here she is.....

I'm sure you're wondering what horrible parent allows such a child to live in a constant exhausted state. Well, the answer is I'm the horrible parent that would allow such a thing to occur, but she won't take a nap (obviously she does, but not when I want her to). I have to pick my battles. I won't have her screaming for an hour at nap time to "get out of bed" and then hate going to bed. So instead she falls asleep at 5pm with corn on her neck. Lovely, isn't it?

Update 10/8- Instead of adding another post, I'll just tack on these pictures from yesterday. The food of the day was banana.....

1 comment:

Stuart and Kimber said...

she's a cutie!

just think of all the black mail you'll have for later!!!

(Sam took an ear of corn to the bathtub with him once. He couldn't understand why we let him. He thought he was going to try and get away with something. And you could see his little eyes say the whole time, why did they let me take it?)