Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Apples of My Eye

I love this time of year. The air has a fresh, spicy smell, the leaves are bursting with color in the trees and crunching under my kids boots on the sidewalk, and the apples are ripe and ready to be picked. I'm fortunate enough to have a sister-in-law who 1) has a beautiful apple orchard and 2) lets me on her property. I picked apples with Kristina yesterday while "the bigs" were at school. The best part of Mary's orchard were all the cool tools she has to pick apples.

Tom and Allie came with us too and had a great time. They both ran around and ate apples....

They also were trying to climb trees. Both needed a few rescues but Tommy had a better time of it than Allie......

Allie, however, did recover....

We picked about two bushels and they are currently sitting in my car. Every time I sit in my car, it smells like an orchard. Up next, apple pies. MMM-mmmmmm!

No comments: