Sunday, November 22, 2009

Corn

That's it... it's all I am bringing to Thanksgiving dinner. There was a change in venue and I don't have to host so even the cleaning in preparation for guests goes out the window (although it shouldn't- this place needs a good scrub down). But no.. just corn. I show up, put a bowl of corn on the table and get to partake in a turkey dinner complete with the trimmings. Originally, I was told I didn't have to bring anything. I had to fight to get corn... I saw a vacancy in the menu and jumped on it.

I think I have moochers guilt. Instead of just enjoying the idea of minimal contribution, I feel bad about it.
My mind then starts to wander and I wonder if my cooking is so bad that they can't trust me with anything but the corn. This is going to drive me crazy.

Just to be difficult, I am planning on also bringing some shrimp cocktail and roasted red pepper hummus and crackers... tell me I don't have to bring anything.... I'll bring stuff.... lots of stuff.... I'll clean out my whole fridge and bring it over....



No comments: