Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm sure some of you have been up for hours already making the rolls and starting on your turkey. I am currently laboring over the frozen kernels of corn entrusted to me. It will a demanding morning but well worth the effort.

In all seriousness, I have a lot to be thankful for. My family: here in town, and spread around the country. My friends: here in town, and spread around the country. I'm grateful for my health and for the health of the ones I love. I'm thankful for a warm home, and good food to eat. I'm thankful for having the best husband that a woman could ask for. I have much to be thankful for.

At this particular moment, I'm also thankful for my cousin, who posted this photo I love. While I am thankful for much on Thanksgiving, I'm not really thankful for pumpkin pie. I've never been able to get past the appearance. This photo perfectly summarizes my opinion of pumpkin pie. May all who partake pumpkin pie today be haunted with this image....


Seriously though, hope everyone has a wonderful day! Full Thanksgiving report tomorrow...


1 comment:

Stuart and Kimber said...

I think you're a little hung up with that picture! :)

I can't wait to have some pumpkin pie when I get home from Thanksgiving dinner AND tomorrow morning when I get up! Fabulous!

I LOVE PUMPKIN PIE. I THINK IT'S GREAT. You are missing out!