Monday, November 9, 2009

Destructo Dog

I spend a good amount of time every day prying items out of my dog's mouth. Even within the few words I have typed, I have had to stand up and take a doll away from Kiko (the doll, by the way, is now missing a hand). She's always been a bit "chewy" but it's been worse the last few weeks. I only have to walk a few steps to find evidence of her handiwork.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog (finally), but if I had to do it over again I would either get an older dog, a less "chewy" breed (although that can be hard to predict, I think it can be a personality thing), or no dog at all. I snapped a few photos to illustrate my point. Every stuffed animal we own looks like this....

Every doll Allie owns looks like this (and this is not the one I just pried away from Kiko)...

Kiko has now destroyed seven pairs of shoes (this one is mild but she did damage the elastic that holds the shoe closed rendering it useless... she loves elastic and velcro)...

She loves to chew on her crate. She has now chewed the opening of her door so much it is difficult to close it.... but we figure out a way....

*sigh*

No comments: