Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'd Like to Thank All the Little People Who Made This Possible...

This is my finest hour. 3/5 of my kids have been crying today because I am a M.O.M. (mean old mom- as my dad would say... nice, huh?). Matt was despondent because I would not let him get Star Wars III at the library today (it's pg-13). He also stated that if I would not let him watch it, he would not do his school work. I love it when my children try to manipulate me.

We then went to Sam and Tom's school book fair where they seem to sell more toys and chotchkies than books. When Tom wanted toys instead of books, I was mean enough to say "no". He had an uber-melt down which involved me walking out of the building with him kicking and screaming. He even took off his boots and threw them at me when we were in the car (could it be the Arab in him?).

I then came home and had Allie screaming at me because I would not allow her to make mini cupcakes for dinner. Doesn't she know that I have a healthful hot dog dinner to serve instead?

There's nothing like children to reduce your self confidence to zero. I packed my kids fun lunches in their lunch bags for our errands today, we went to the library and made a special trip to see Sam at school (we actually wound up meeting him outside because of Tom's lovely display). I'm making them hot dogs for dinner for heaven's sake... the all beef kind.... because they llooooove them. This was supposed to be a good day!!!!

Argh. So today I win the "Mother of the Year" award. I must be the best mom ever.

I have to say the only thing that made me feel better is when I went online for the "mother of the year" clip art, it showed Sharon Osbourne winning a "celebrity mother of the year" award for paying for her childrens' rehab out of her own pocket. I suppose I haven't hit rock bottom yet.


2 comments:

Leohtbaere said...

I have concluded that good parents aren't doing their jobs if the kids aren't going crazy about something random.

Stuart and Kimber said...

Steph, I think you are awesome!! You are a great mom!

And I'm glad you write about days like this - so I know I'm not alone when my kids try to pull the same tricks!

Keep up the great work!

You rock! (Someday your children will thank you for it!) :)