Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Want My Summer Back!!!

I'm missing summer. I miss the warmth, having my windows open, the sunshine. I miss not having to wake up early to get kids to school, I miss the freedom of no homework, I miss seeing my kids (well, I have to admit, sometimes it's nice to have a quieter house...).

I'm dreading the fact that we have full blown winter ahead of us. *sigh* I think I need to start up with snowboarding again, that should help ease the pain of snow.

Anywho, I've been sorting through our family cottage pictures, we went there for a week this summer. It was so nice to be able to get away and be free of jobs and responsibilities. Nice memories, as I sit huddled under my blanket...

This adventure begins as any of my trips posts do; with the exciting departure. Allie seems particularly excited....

A little more enthusiasm from Tom....

And let's not forget the back row....

They always want to go fishing first when they first arrive at the cottage (although these picts are from after a swim).....

Followed by swimming....


They also like to just hang around the water's edge (not as scary now that they're older but still...)...

The dog was afraid of the water....

But was willing to make an exception to inspect the passing ducks that the kids were feeding...


We didn't spend our whole time on the water though. Mid-week we went to the Corning Museum of Glass (I later learned we were not supposed to take photographs of the exhibits... oops!)...


They had a great glass blowing show as well... really interesting... (don't they look excited?)...


We also went mini-golfing...

At the end of the week Bobby's parents, aunt, and a cousin and her child came to visit....

The dog was happy to see Grandpa...

Here's Allie hanging out with her second cousin. Don't they look alike?...



Nice week... I feel a little warmer already... =)



No comments: