Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Big Day

I didn't really get a chance to write my Thanksgiving wrap-up because of my need to comment on the Christmas music but to make a boring day brief, it was really nice. The kids did great, the food was great, it was nice to relax afterward, and the driveway got shoveled (twice!).

I have to gloss over that a bit though because today is the day Matt has been preparing and planning for. This day has been thought through, refined, tweaked and retweaked for months. I have to write this the night before because I know when I wake up, there is a schedule that must be kept.

It's hard to believe my baby will be nine. He is such a sweet little guy, but as I look at him, he's not so little anymore. He's a big guy, with a wonderfully developed personality, wit, and sense of empathy. I wish I had my baby pictures scanned into my computer so I could post a baby picture, but I'll just have to settle for a more recent picture of him doing what he loves; winning pokemon tournaments....



Happy Birthday Matty-man. We love you and hope you have a great day!

No comments: