Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

It's a medium busy day over here. There's great benefit to living with a mother-in-law. One, she's a great cook. Two, she likes to make Thanksgiving dinner (all I need to do is make mashed potatoes- woo hoo). Three, now that our homes are connected, I get to smell all the good cooking without any of the worry that I could mess it up. I love the community dinners where everyone brings something. I can not imagine trying to make a full dinner by myself (my mom used to do that).

I do need to clean up my house though because we'll be eating in this part of the house. It's a small price to pay. Jeanne (Bob's sister), her husband, and three kids will be coming too so there will be fourteen this year.... a modest number for us. The kids are excited about seeing their cousins but probably most looking forward to Aunt Jeanne's lemon pie.

The other item I need to address before dinner is our driveway. It's a mess and it needs to be cleared by noon when company is expected to arrive. We received our first significant amount of accumulation and I need to shovel it.

The driveway is my "winter challenge". Bob wanted to get a plow contract as we have in years past, but I didn't want to because it seemed silly to pay someone now that the kids are older and it's my slow season. Plus, it's good exercise for me, and it's money that we could use elsewhere. Bob just laughed and told me to "have a good time with that". So it's my challenge. It seems like it should be more fun if it's a "challenge", I'll let you know how it goes. I'll post some picts of the snow tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to shovel. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for my family, friends, healthy children, and warm winter boots.


1 comment:

cosmo said...

our deal when we bought that house was that I would cut the grass and quentin would shovel the snow. We have almost half an acre, but it was nice in the summer to get out there with my ipod and use our walk-behind, get a little exercise and sun...then quentin bought a rider and i don't know how to use it : (
i would often shovel, too, even though it wasn't my "duty" (hee-hee...duty). i didn't want the poor guy working all day and then doing the driveway and I got home from work earlier than him. I like that too. Aside from the snot running dowm my face, it really isn't bad getting the fresh air and you warm up fast. The REALLY bad part is at the end of the driveway where it is super high and wet from the stuff the plow throws up from our street. If you keep up with it, it is not bad at all.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!