Saturday, November 8, 2008

Semi-Annual Drudgery

Every spring and fall I have to exchange my kids wardrobe for the appropriate season. I always seem postpone it for as long as I can because it is such a chore. The result is my kids are opting to wear shorts (because I have not packed them away) in 30 degree weather. It's ludicrous. My kids must have the warmest blood known to man which is ironic because I'm always freezing.

Anyway, yesterday was the day. I packed away the soccer jerseys
my kids always seem to gravitate towards and swapped them for more respectable polos and sweaters. They have not yet discovered the discrepancy in their closet. It will be interesting to see how they react. I will no doubt have to hear their complaints about how hot they are going to be and how everyone wears umbros in December.

I think that's what I hate most about the chore. Besides it taking 4-5 hours to rotate, sort, and label the clothing, it's extremely thankless. Here's a snippet of the carnage it creates in my room. Not shown in the photo is all the clothing in the hallway slated for donation.


It's nice to have it behind me until spring. If you see my kids wearing sweaters in June though, you'll now know why.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

Oh my, this is something I totally take for granted living in FL for 22 out of my 32 years of life. I guess I was too young to remember my NY days...what a job!

Thanks for stopping my blog!! Your puppy is adorable!