Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Night Folly

It was a quiet Friday evening, I was enjoying my sudoku puzzle after putting the first batch of kids to bed. Pete meandered in my room and was hanging out. Hanging quickly changed to hovering. I asked if he wanted to help me with the puzzle, "No, I'm fine" was his response. "Would you like me to draw on your face?" I then queried. I, of course, expected Pete to say no but was surprised when he said "Sure!". So I drew on his forehead. As I was drawing, I asked Pete why he allowed me to do such a thing to him. "You're my Mom! I trust you"...

Well, perhaps I blew that trust. It was just too irresistible. Maybe he'll learn not to let people draw on his face anymore. After inspecting himself in the mirror, he wanted retribution. Fair is fair, after all.

Yes, it says "I am naggy housewife". Nice, huh? I guess I had that coming. I suppose I'm not doing my job if I'm not being "naggy". =)

1 comment:

cosmo said...

wow. i think i really like this a blog a day thing...seriously, steph? i saw the pictures quickly, but did not have time to read anything. i had to come back to it.
i thought what may have happened was that you allowed another sleepover and you and pete fell asleep early so some little rodents drew on your face.
that's why i don't do that suduko thing. i am bad at it, so i get bored and frustrated. next thing you know i am writing all over my kids face : )